A few questions to consider:
- What do we mean by rhetorics? What is the body? What
are the body’s capabilities?
- What does it mean to represent the body? When we
discuss the body, whose body is
- What is a “raced” body? How does a body become
gendered or sexed?
- What does the “universal” or “ideal” body look like?
- In what ways does the body become modified? How are
these modifications represented?
- How does age, weight, ability, height, physique,
etc. shape our perceptions of the body? Who decides what a “normal” body is or